Birding Blog 28-10-2017 (Margalla)

This weekend Irshad and I planned a visit to Margalla hills as few days back winter's first rain fell so we were very optimistic about our birding trip. We just decided to visit our regular spot. While searching the place I saw a flock of birds, firstly I ignored it but the red color attracted me and I hoped to witness first season sighting of Leiothrix. Guess what, It is Red-billed Leiothrix and flock was very big around 25 to 30 birds. We waited a while with hope to see them again but they never came back. So we continued our birding and we felt that winter birds have arrived and we also found some lifer in this birding trip, Like White-Tailed Rubythroat rare visitor of  Margalla a lifer for me.
White-Tailed Rubythroat - Margalla Hills (Lifer for Me)
Red-billed Leiothrix - Margalla Hills

Scaly-bellied woodpecker - Margalla Hills

 White-capped bunting (Male)- Margalla Hills
White-capped bunting - Margalla Hills
Grey-breasted Prinia - Margalla Hills (New Entry)

Striated Prinia - Margalla Hills (New Entry)

Rufous-breasted Accentor - Margalla Hills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birding in Indus River, D.I.Khan (7-10-2017)

Hawks, kites and eagles (41-12)