Khunjrab Trip

In mid august I planned a six day trip to Hunza and Khunjrab. Mainly this trip was to collect data for my upcoming book on "Truck art in Pakistan". During this trip it was impossible to ignore birds. For me it was very good opportunity to observe some different kinds of birds which mostly I am not able to see in Margalla hills. As I was traveling with group so it was not possible to stop every where and photograph the birds but I got some opportunities in Gulmit to do some sort of birding and found some new birds and some lifer also.  
Cinerous Tit - Hunza
Pied Wheatear --- Gojal Hunza

Tickell's Thrush --- Gilgit
Siberian Stonechat --- Gojal Hunza

Eurasian Cuckoo --- Gojal Hunza
Common Cuckoo ---- Gojal Hunza
Black-billed magpie --- Gulmit Gojal Hunza
Black Redstart (Male) --- Khunjerab
Black Redstart (Female) --- Khunjerab
 Common Sandpiper - Gojal Hunza
Common Chiffchaff - Gojal Hunza

Hoopee -- Gojal Hunza



Lifer for me in this Trip are



Eurasian Golden Oriole ---- Gulmit Gojal Hunza
Red-Billed Chough --- Khunjerab Top
Yellow-Billed Chough --- Khunjerab Top
Brandt's or Black Headed Mountain Finch --- Khunjrab Top

and Last but not the least

Lammergeier --- Khunjerab Top

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birding in Indus River, D.I.Khan (7-10-2017)

Hawks, kites and eagles (41-12)