Birding Blog 30-9-2017 (Margalla)

For birding I bought a binocular and tested it in my office's garden. It was a fun for me to see how beautiful the birds are, but this observation went wrong when I felt pain in my eyes.After the use of binocolar my eyes got sensitive to light so I had to stop this observation thing and for two days I completely rested my eyes. I planned a short birding trip to Margalla hills but start was not good. I woke up late around 6 a.m and I was a bit confused either to go for birding or not but when I saw weather, it was cool so I tooke a chance and went for birding to Margalla.
                                 On the way towards Margalla hills sun came out and I felt that it was going to be a hot day. I was not very optimistic to find some new birds and it seemed like a meetup with old friends. On my first stop, I was a bit casual and was not expecting any surprises  and even did not prepare my camera.It was just bird watching activity of common birds like Himalayan bulbul, Red-vented bulbul, Crows, Myna etc. Suddenly from nowhere Blue-capped rock thrush gave entry near road and sat on a rock with great pose. I was not expecting this because I used to chase this bird in Margalla and rarely saw it and now it was in front of me. I politely grabbed my camera and just clicked a shutter then it vanished again.
Blue-capped rock thrush - Margalla
Then I moved towards my next birding stop where I hoped to see some other birds. I started birding and took photographs of  Brown-fronted woodpecker, Streaked laughingthrush, Blue whistling thrush, Scaly-breasted Munia, yellow-billed blue magpie, Spotted dove etc. During birding I felt that my reflexes were not working properly and also felt a little bit dizziness and that's why I was not fully involved into birding. Because of that situation I lost a chance to photograph a Fox walking past me. So today's birding was more likely visiting birding places and marking birding spots for next week.
Siberian chiffchaff - Margalla (New Entry)
 
Grey-hooded warbler - Margalla

Brown-fronted woodpecker - Margalla

Streaked laughingthrush - Margalla

Streaked laughingthrush - Margalla

Blue whistling thrush - Margalla


Yellow-Billed Blue Magpie - Margalla

Yellow-Billed Blue Magpie - Margalla


Scaly-breasted Munia - Margalla

Spotted dove - Margalla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birding in Indus River, D.I.Khan (7-10-2017)

Hawks, kites and eagles (41-12)